Moviebattles II: V0.1 has been released. This is the first new-content focused release in a long time, and we couldn't be happier to finally be able to bring it to you.
This build is a "clean build", so you'll need to first uninstall any previous versions of MBII before installing this one. Please see this thread for installation instructions.
Download here: http://www.moviebattles.com/downloads/app
Full detailed change log follows.
- Wookiee Fury - See Diary for details
- Incendiary Grenades for Imperial Commander Class - See Diary for details
- Sonic Detonators for Rebel Commander - See Diary for details
- Droideka can now strafe
- Force Focus has been added - See Diary for details
- There are many additions to the melee system - See Diary for details
- Clone Ion Blasts - See Diary for details
- Target_Flash Entity (See Wiki)
- Bryar pistol model to Kyle Katarn in Open Mode
- Z-6 Minigun as Vanilla Clone Rifle 3 Replacement
- Naming a class preset Default will cause it to be automatically selected when you choose your class.
- We have added an updater to the game code. New patches will be downloaded by the game. Future releases will be more frequent and smaller as a result.
- The scoreboard has been updated - See Diary for details
- Achievements now have multiple ranks - See Diary for details
- Droideka has been revamped - See Diary for details
- Cortosis has been revamped - See Diary for details
- Disruptor clip no longer recharges while you have a shot charged in scope.
- Disruptor charged shot damage build up is exponential rather than linear.
- Projectile Rifle crosshair removed outside of scope.
- A280 Level 1 no longer has perfect accuracy.
- Hit Location detection has been greatly improved and now accuratly reflects the actual location that was hit. No more hand shots counting as headshots.
- * in players names will no longer cause their chat to echo to the top of the screen.
- The /tell command has been improved.
- Dual Pistols or Pistol Level 3 can be toggled to act as Pistol Level 2 using the weapon mode key.
- Pulled weapons can now only be picked up when they have stopped moving. You must crouch to pick them up.
- Sabering feedback has been improved by playing a different effect upon BP draining body hits.
- Mouse wheel scrolling now works in listboxes such as the model selection and server selection lists.
- Windows/Wine Only:
- Mouse wheel scrolling works in console.
- Pressing CTRL with the console open causes black text to become more readable.
- Wookiee Bowcaster scope misalignment.
- An occasional crash when using rcon to change maps has been fixed.
- The vulnerablility that exists while being knocked down no longer allows the player that caused the knockdown to bypass sabering Block Points. This fixes the ability to slap and insta-kill another saberist.
- Map's will load slightly faster (5-10 sec) as a result of a fix of some inefficient code.
- A bug that caused TD blinding effect to not play for some clients has been fixed.
- The coinflip get-up animation will no longer allow a player to escape fall damage.
- The exploit that allowed force speed with an acitve saber has been fixed.
- The exploit that allowed thrown sabers to do full saber damage has been fixed.
- Various hitbox issues have been fixed. As a result, hitboxes better fit oversized models and wallbugging is much less possible.
- Client crashes from using custom animevents have been fixed.
- Mindtrick level 1 not working on droidekas has been fixed.
- Sabers being pulled from Sith when using grip has been fixed.
- Many more small fixes...
- Achievement Rank Icons
- New Class Icons
- New Scoreboard
- Sonic grenade damage hud
- Starting intro logo video (works only in non-widescreen resolutions)
- Update Menu
- Wookiee Rage hud
- Movie Battles II logo in the main menu. It was using the old one.
- Class Presets
- In-game server menu
- Join menu.