Wildebeest's
    101st Spartan Arcs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: supacrazy

Installing MovieBattles II

This is an in depth guide to installing Movie Battles II. This guide explains, in depth, how to install Movie Battles II on a Windows operating system, Mac operating system, and the Steam version of Jedi Academy.

What you'll need:
    You must have a physical copy of Jedi Academy installed, unless your game is already patched to 1.01. If you have not yet updated to the 1.01 patch (for Windows users), you can download it from here. MAC users, you must download the 1.01e patch, which can be downloaded from here.

You must also have the Movie Battles II mod downloaded to your computer.
    You can download the full installation from the following location:
    MovieBattles.com (official)

Maps and Add-ons:
    Community Map Pack
    Movie Game Map Pack v1
    Movie Game Map Pack v2
    Vehicle Map Pack
    CMP Remake RC Update

Useful Utilities
    Deathspike's Unofficial Launcher
    MBII Mac Launcher
    MB2Mini by 3lv3n

Unistalling previous versions
    If you have a previous version of MBII installed, it is important that you delete the MBII folder in the GameData folder before installing. Alternatively, you can rename the old MBII folder to MBIIOld, install the new version, and then retrieve your settings and custom replacements/maps from the MBIIOld folder.

Installing the game on Windows
    1. Open up the .zip file you downloaded labeled MBII_V0.1_Full.
    2. Navigate to your GameData folder; this step will be different depending on your operating system. If you installed Jedi Academy to a different location, just go to where you installed it, and skip to the next set of directions.

On 32-bit operating systems:
      C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData

On 64-bit operating systems:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData
    3. Select all of the files in the MBII_V0.1_Full.zip file, and drag them into GameData. You will be prompted to replace or merge your base folders; press OK as this will only copy the MB_Baseassets.pk3 file from the base folder located in the .zip.
    4. If you downloaded any other packages (Community Map Pack or otherwise), do the same, but extract them to MBII instead of GameData.
    5. To run the game, double click on Play_MBII.bat.
      Note: Windows Vista and 7 users, you will need to run jamp.exe as Administrator. Right click on jamp, select properties, go to the compatibilities tab and check Run as Administrator.

Installing on Mac OS X
    1. Open the Movie Battles II .zip folder you downloaded.
    2. Navigate to your Jedi Academy installation:
      Open up a new finder window, on the side navigation menu select applications on Applications, and navigate down to Jedi Academy (default install location).
    3. Copy the files from the version 0 .zip file into Jedi Academy.
    4. To run the game, double click on Jedi Academy MP:
      When the game is open, press Setup, Mods, choose MBII, and Load Mod. This will open up the mod.

OR

5. You can download this application, made by redsaurus, to automatically launch to MBII without the need to load the mod through base!

Installing on the Steam version of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    1. Same as the normal PC version, but you'll need to navigate to C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/GameData (yes, it's the same as the CD version, just in your Steam folder)
    2. Extract the mod to GameData
    3. To run it, right click on Jedi Academy in your game library, and select "Set Launch Options" in the General tab
    4. Add +set fs_game "MBII" to it, and it will run MBII whenever you start Jedi Academy.
      Note: If you play other mods or base, you will need to remove +set fs_game "MBII" whenever you want to play that mod, then add +set fs_game "MBII" whenever you want to play MBII.

For incremental updates
    If a patch is released, you will be required to download it, and extract it to MBII, copying over older files. Unless specified otherwise, this will be the same for every update.

Tips for first time MBII players:
    For first time users, here are some tips for you to better enjoy your first MBII experience:
    To open up console, hold shift and press the tilde (`) key next to 1. Type in /rate 25000 to stabilze your ping while playing.

For more information on game optimization, please refer to this thread.

Before you start playing, open up Controls, and make sure you have everything, especially the MovieBattles specific commands, bound. What you should bind:
    * Weapons > Reload
    * MovieBattles > Class Special 1 and 2
    * MovieBattles > Weapon Mode
    * MovieBattles > Class Configuration

Notes:
    * If you're running the Mac version of the game, make sure you disable EAX in the sound options.

I hope this helps newer members that may have run into problems installing the mod, and if there are any questions, feel free to ask in this thread and I'll answer them the best I can.
    Last edited by Sxx; 19-06-2013 at 16:29.

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Wildebeest's
    101st Spartan Arcs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I've added Steam instructions for newer users. Please read the note under the final bullet if you're one of those multimod players. Thanks to Spongeroberto for providing screenshots and instructions.

CMP Mapper
    Wildebeest's
    101st Spartan Arcs
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: yzmo Steam ID: Yzmo
    There used to be a way to specify command line options on mac by holding shift(?) while clicking on the dock item.. I might be wrong though. Also, what happens if you simply write the command into a text file and chmod +x it?

I'm not a mac expert but there has to be some way of making launching MBII more convenient.
    Last edited by Yzmo; 17-08-2010 at 22:41.

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Wildebeest's
    101st Spartan Arcs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, neither am I. I know there was a way to add a launch commands, but I don't know if it works in newer versions of the OS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Legit Radical XFIRE ID: neosven Steam ID: L337Zeta
    Nice guide, but you really need to add this information into your guide, if not, new-players to the MOD are gonna get confused on what to download.

So the person who downloads V0 Full-Pack from Moddb.com, they really need to get V0.0.1 hotfix-patch from MBII Website: (Downloads/Application Section) or download V0.0.2 Full-Pack *this means that you no longer need the V0.0.1 hotfix-patch*.

Also don't forget to add a download link to the newest CMP on this part of *Other optional downloads*.
    Last edited by Radical; 18-08-2010 at 06:00.
    Known in-game as: chille | Thugnificent | Invictu

| My Youtube Channel. | My X-Fire Profile. |

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Wildebeest's
    101st Spartan Arcs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, I'm working on a way to word incremental updates properly right now. It's a little trickier than it seems, and will need constant updating.

Frost's
    Legion of Hahahas
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: arianyr Steam ID: spongeroberto Wii Code: 8214 5273 8652 0362
    @Steam install:

If people insist on being able to create shortcuts for multiple mods, they can use the following steps:
    1) switch the names of jamp.exe and jasp.exe
    2) create a shortcut to jasp.exe (the old jamp.exe)
    3) set the "+set fs_game xyz" parameter
    4) ????
    5) profit!

I myself don't care about other mods so I just stick with the original instructions ;)
    Quote originally posted by The D; Genesis
    21 - So Shad recruited more dudes of the D; and every living thing with which the DG teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every nolife nerd according to its kind. And Shad saw that it was good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: mremperor1 Steam ID: MrEmperor
    Quote originally posted by Yzmo View Post
    There used to be a way to specify command line options on mac by holding shift(?) while clicking on the dock item.. I might be wrong though. Also, what happens if you simply write the command into a text file and chmod +x it?

I'm not a mac expert but there has to be some way of making launching MBII more convenient.
    Redsaurus is working on a way to quick launch MBII for the Mac. So far it seems to be working fine, with a few idiosyncrasies.
    MBII wiki. We Need Your Help!
    "Brazil has decided you're cute." - A Miracle of Science
    Go read a book, It's good for you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A link to this post should be on the download page. I hope these instructions are also provided with the readme.

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Wildebeest's
    101st Spartan Arcs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

They weren't until I updated it. :P These instructions should be with the next release.