User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: illegal models...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

illegal models...

Will they be disallowed in the next version?

Its abit silly ppl running around using the hutt skin =D

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ya shaman and his gang
    made me and some other ppl crash

master jedi
    some tit was just using a jabba skin and crashed the server .... again !

dumb asses

CT-272
    Disabling the console model command would fix it.
    You could just add in a punishment for its use, turn them into a jawa with a stun batton. :D

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hell no ! stun baton kicks ass because it would have the same effect as lightning :DD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yes I would make a guess that dynamic changing of models is buggy in JA, this mods heavy reliance on it may well be the cause for such frequent crashes. (a memory leak perhaps)

btw, you *realy* need to remove the stormtrooper_mb skin, especially its team color variant. You may not get any weapons when using it, but... you realy don't need them. (try it out to see why )

Just managed to crash JA! (fatal exception)
    So i would guess I crashed the server too - very sorry, will refrain from trying to break the game any further.
    Last edited by TehJumpingJawa; 18-06-2004 at 21:32.

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote originally posted by master jedi
    some tit was just using a jabba skin and crashed the server .... again !

dumb asses
    keep it civil please...
    Memento mori.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote originally posted by TehJumpingJawa
    Just managed to crash JA! (fatal exception)
    So i would guess I crashed the server too - very sorry, will refrain from trying to break the game any further.
    IF this was that same game where you were doing nice jabba&stormtrooper head -model things...

Server was (almost) full and the whole game crashed with me and with most of the people, only few survived it. I rejoined back and who mins and whole server crashed... don't know was it even from it.. maybe not.

Anyway sometimes the whole game crashes with maybe 90 % of the ppl, and only few survives it... It's little strange. This has happened sometimes and I think these crashes are from model changing things (even with normal models).

master jedi
    sorry its just really annoying when you really getting into a game and some fool starts messing about and ruins it for everyone

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Illegal models should really be disabled. I don't know did Jaw test this model too but... There is that one model which is completely invisible. Yes. I really won't tell which model that is, but some know it... and of course it isn't hard to get out which one it is.. just testing everyone. But if this spreads to public, we will only see invisible rebels versus imps :( (illegal models doesn't work with imps if I remembered correctly).

By the way, there is some odd thing with droidekas and this invisible model. I once joined in the last round of the jabba in the game as droideka and when tantive loaded, i spawned as invisible imperial (with melee only of course).

Edit: Yes and I tested these illegal models second time when there was just few players and it wasn't serious playing. I managed to crash MB completely with me and some other guys again... server didn't crash. Sorry from that crash anyway. It crashed with stormtrooper_mb. That's enough of model testing with me :p
    Last edited by nanoo; 16-07-2004 at 20:53.