User Tag List

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Mace's Dev Diary

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote originally posted by Golden Mando Bro View Post
    Yeah we can do what u did to cloud city. Just take away the ''mapping rights'' lol that'd be hillarious.

And Riles that 98 percent of the community includes uppercuts, AND AOD members, AND NS members AND chosen members. It's definately worth it.
    Quote originally posted by Teon View Post
    He he, that was what I was thinking :p

@ Plasma, yes they should, I don't even like that map
    why is it that ppl hate our clan...the main cause of that hate isnt even active anymore....

NS im just lost there lol......never heard anything bad about them ever xD
    Sheep ~ a meek, unimaginative, or easily led person.

List of Sheep: Zion, Ziken, Palin, Supa, HeadHunter, MSC, Decoy, Maick
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This stays for nostalgia purposes!

MovieBattles Team
    Wildebeest's
    301st Spartan Artillery
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: macemad Steam ID: MaceMadunusus
    Alright, I know it has been a long time since I have posted in here, but there is a good reason to now.

I am happy to announce, that Republic Assault Cruiser is done. There are a few things such as bug fixes, and finalizing the FA and such but other than that it is finally done.

For those who have not been paying attention to actual map design development itself, have a look here at the gallery. It contains all of the things you need to look at to see the maps design. (MBII Site) (My Site)

To start you all off, I have some gameplay pictures from the beta build.

Now that you've seen some of the good moments of one of the test sessions we had on RC, I am going to explain and show you some of the map events, as well as the new Random Events introduced into RC.

Random events are actually fairly complex in how they work, but simple at the same time. The map consists of a set number of events it can choose from. At the beginning of each round, it chooses 3 as possibilities to be done at the round. After that, it goes to a yes/no possibility. Some events do not have that, to make them occur more often, but others do. After that, it goes to more randomizing, which then randomize which time period within the round it will happen. Meaning, it gets to be pretty hard to predict when these will go off on you. :)

However, quite a lot of them have audio and visual keys. Some, only have audio keys, so if you have turned your sound off, your loss. :P

There are also another kind of 'Random Event' that happens every round, but what is random about it is the intensity, sound effect, and timing. The ship is being massively bombarded by numerous ships. With this effect, you have a slight screen shake (you will notice it, but for me at least, it doesn't affect gameplay at all - it barely moves at all tbh) as well as a sound effect that plays with it.

Now, I will show you some of the random events that happen within this map. Starting with:

Turbolaser Blast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaKNzAQLfNk

This random event has both visual (message) and sound cues. It is placed directly in main, meaning you need to pay a large amount of attention or else you will die by explosion or the vacuum of space. If you hear/see it is going to go off, you have 10 seconds to get to either side of the room behind the containment doors. From there, you have access to the lower maintenance area to pass.

Reactor Core Damaged
    (Outdated)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kki0rCCM_LI

The Reactor Core Damaged event is pretty simple, it changes the overall lighting of the map as well as some of the textures to go with the loss of power and the conversion over to the backup generators. In addition to that, there is a slight gravity change, adding a small variation to gameplay. The gravity changes from default 600 to 800 which can make you throw grenades off, and jump wrong... so be careful :P

Droid Starfighter Crash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVwJns5X30

This event is pretty special. It lands itself on the secondary route to the bridge, which can give either team a slight advantage if there is access. This one has no real cue at all, meaning you have to be extra careful. The purpose of this event is to block the extra path, making you take somewhat of a risk to go this way. If it lands on you, you could quite possibly die pretty quickly. However, if you are on one side, you have the option to remove the debris with a quick bomb placement. Remember to get away after placing, else the explosion will kill you. After that, fire still remains in the way... but you can go through with a tiny bit of damage, just don't forget to stop drop and roll!

Now, there aren't just random events, there are also some some-what player controlled events. Here is the first one.

Airlock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kh0giMxHDo

Plain and simple, hack the consoles, airlock opens then closes again. However since players are not in protective gear, they are sucked out and killed.

Shuttle Landing and Takeoff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGaChPKLaKY

This next one is again, simple. It, however, is not player controlled and happens every round.

Now, lets take a look at what happens if you win or lose a round, or overall when the fraglimit/roundlimits are hit.

CIS Objective Win - Self Destruction
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsqxWH1k9g0

The Objective for CIS/Imperials in this map is to cause the ship to self destruct. If that happens, Republic/Rebels have to attempt to escape in the escape pods. (CIS/Imps can do this too if they want) Be careful where you step though, these self destruction explosions can be lethal! Overall, I just think this is pure awesomeness and the perfect way to end a round through one team completing the objective. And thanks to some of Ace-Venturas code, if the CIS complete the objective, but the entire team dies the ship still self destructs and the CIS still win by completing the objective. Even with the delay before end round.

CIS and Republic Overall win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcU-ztMBDTw

This one, is fairly unique and special I believe as well. This happens only when the map itself ends on the fraglimit, roundlimit, or timelimit. The Republic get reinforcements, and the CIS see the total destruction of the ship. This wont happen every round, so I hope this is used well with those rotation servers. If there is a draw however, nothing happens.

Now that I have told you of some of the multitude of events that happen in RC, I would also like to still tell you that there are more, however quite a few are simple. Another one is called Full Security where more of the turrets placed across the map are activated. They, however, can also be deactivated by another hack by the Secondary Objective.

The last thing, is that this map has many visual keys towards what doorways are what. View the key here: http://www.moviebattles.com/wiki/Mb2_republiccruiser There is one door type not on there, it has the locked door visual, and red exterior. Those doors, are operable via Secondary Objective.

I hope you enjoy all of this, and hope the wait for the release of RC is worth it for everyone, I enjoy this map beyond belief. I know its my own map, but it is probably my favorite now.

Please be sure to check the next post for some credits on the map. Thanks to everyone!

-MaceCrusherMadunusus

Want to join me? Click Here for some free starting items. Play on US-East Waterson Terran Republic!

MovieBattles Team
    Wildebeest's
    301st Spartan Artillery
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Credits

• I would also like to thank all of the many others that gave support in this map. Special thanks to all the beta testers and their excellent gameplay testing and feedback, as well as some ideas for the events and features across RC. The same thing goes for the entire dev team as well, all of the features were not single handedly designed by me, so thank you.
    • I would also like to thank Zudni, Wildebeest, and Ace for their work on the new misc_turretg2 override codes allowing for changing of the shots, muzzle shots, and the active and dead models.
    • Thanks to =Someone= for his brand new turret model made for the map
    • Thanks to Lervish for his dead clone models
    • Thanks to GoodOlBen for some blood textures & Some Explosion Effects
    • Thanks to Plasma for the gunship reskin and some textures
    • Thanks to Pahri for the Shuttle Transport model
    • Thanks to Frost for assistance skinning the model.
    • Thanks to Azuvector for his Enhanced EFX FX_Runners
    • Another special thanks to all those that helped with sound design throughout the map, including Frog, Bluestormtrooper, Sareth and Plasma.

Again, thanks to everyone. I really appreciate everything.

-MaceCrusherMadunusus

Want to join me? Click Here for some free starting items. Play on US-East Waterson Terran Republic!

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    The Fixer
    Associate of the Legion of Hahahas
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: someone01 Steam ID: someone01
    ITT: The most inspired map of MB2.
    =Someone=

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: nshawk Steam ID: jhawk44
    Wow Mace, that may very well be the most amazing and technically complex map ever created for JKA. Nice work, can't wait to play on it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love you Mace.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Refocus XFIRE ID: chigiru Steam ID: airplaneyo
    Oh my god.. that looks AWESOME! Great work man.
    Airplane![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MovieBattles Team
    Retired
    Not a car!
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shademan
    <3 Mace <3 RC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does the shuttle landing/taking off serve any purpose besides just being a cool visual script? I mean does it alter gameplay as drastically as the other scripts seem to (besides the fact that it can be used as cover for a bit... hmm...)?

MovieBattles Team
    Wildebeest's
    301st Spartan Artillery
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote originally posted by TroyMin View Post
    Does the shuttle landing/taking off serve any purpose besides just being a cool visual script? I mean does it alter gameplay as drastically as the other scripts seem to (besides the fact that it can be used as cover for a bit... hmm...)?
    Idd, its pretty much visuals and cover. Its main purpose is to show how some of the troops land in the hangar.