User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TLD: A LotR mod for Mount and Blade

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mount and Blade is an impressive game, downloading this Lord of the Rings mod for it now. I've been reading through their FAQs and stuff and I can't really get a grasp on how "complete" it is? Though it does seem pretty robust.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Admiral Poojawa XFIRE ID: Poojawamanthing Steam ID: Poojawa
    Quote originally posted by Victin Halcyon
    Mount and Blade is an impressive game, downloading this Lord of the Rings mod for it now. I've been reading through their FAQs and stuff and I can't really get a grasp on how "complete" it is? Though it does seem pretty robust.
    its pretty close, but the base game itself is still a WIP.

MovieBattles Team
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe that the developers for the base game are working on revamping the siege system. Imagine how awesome this LotR mod would be with that in place.
    I swear so soon as age will permit...I will use fire and steel to arrest the destiny of Rome.
    ~Hannibal Barca of Carthage

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson.

Regular
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    God damn you guys are out of the loop. :p Armagan has already confirmed that the next version of M&B, which will be out soon (a couple weeks ago he said 2-8 weeks) will have a siege system.

AncientWanker, the TLD developer, had a HD crash and is trying to fix that bull****. Once that's done, he will be releasing a patch to deal with some issues in TLD.
    The mod is very complete. It has some release bugs, such as the inability to buy horses (this will be fixed in the upcoming patch) but overall it's very "complete". There's an influence system. You get more influence every week at each successive rank. Rank can be used to order around parties on the map, purchase already-trained troops (including special troops, like TROLLS ZOMG), and get leet haxor items from your faction's armory (mithril armor anyone?)

The factions start at a specific strength which can be dwindled down. Mordor starts at Unmatched, Isengard at Very Strong, Gondor and Rohan (as well as all of Mordor's allies like the Corsairs) start at Strong, as well as Moria and Dol Guldor and the elves.

All of the faction strengths can be edited at the Old Man at the brigand fort on the first day of the game. In fact, lots of things are customizable. For example, the individual enemies in TLD are a LOT stronger than they were in base, especially archers. The strength of troops, for example, can be adjusted. One of the great things about TLD is all the options you can change.
    Last edited by Demonic Spoon; 26-06-2007 at 18:09.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do you get to pick a race for tld? Or is it the same character creation as base?
    Two atoms walk into a bar and one atom says "Oh my, I think I've lost an electron!" the other asks, "Are you sure," to which the first atom replies "I'm positive."

Photons have mass? I didn't even know they were catholic.

MovieBattles Team
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can pick your race, and your starting 'class' or whatever, such as an Uruk Beserker. You can also pick your starting location when you create your character.
    I swear so soon as age will permit...I will use fire and steel to arrest the destiny of Rome.
    ~Hannibal Barca of Carthage

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

completed maps of TLD

Helms Deep

Front gates of Minas Tirith

Plaza of the white city

Great hall of the white city

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for posting this. I had been waiting for TLD for .808 for a while, and had just forgotten about it. Time to get back to playing M&B again!
    Last edited by Lurtz231; 26-06-2007 at 21:07.
    .@.=^Lurtz231

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote originally posted by poojawamanthing

Helms Deep

Yeah, it looks great, I dled the mod yesterday and I've been playing it for about 10 hours.. I love it... I just got to lvl 18, but can't beat the goddamned Great Host of Isengard or Mordor.. And the stupid Rohirrim who're around me are running away from it..

The Rohirrim battalions were in about.. bah... 4 or 5 battallions.. each of the battalions had between 17 and 30 Rohirrim... And the noobs ran away from the Host of 120 Mordor noobs... Damnit!!

I'm gonna run to Edoras, keep myself there until I gather 21 Rohirrim.. Playing as Isengard aint bad either..

I'm a bit disappointed by the looks of some cities/forts. I mean they made Isengard correctly (the ring-shaped fortress), but they haven't made Minas Tirith like that...For example, at least TLD has a proper Helm's Deep, unlike the "other" one... (points to BFME's Helm's Deep)...

Also, I'm disappointed by the world map.. Mountains look like crap :P

I know it's a work in progress, so don't shoot the opinion-guy. It's a great mod, I recommend it to every1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gamer IDs

just export your chara, edit the file, then import it.

Problem solved about being underpowered =p

I make the great hosts (with 200+ men) run away from me.